The poem is titled Time Heals No Scars On a Soul. This is as dark as it gets, dear reader. The beginning of the poemwarns against letting complacency take root in life and soul.‘Watch out for that tangible shadow’, I write as if I knew what Iwas saying. Well I do know that time is not your friend. I may once have thought that it could douse some burning bridges, butI am proved mistaken time and again. Time serves more to mire than to heal.
For all the darkness of this poem, it has some great imagery in it. I did know everything when I was younger. I could feel that I’d made Gods quake with my questions. I shared a scar with anyoneI’d had any emotional connection to that had been severed. I thinkthat is why I like to read young writers. There is a part of me remembers those grand notions and wars with the writer who nolonger wants such conflict. Truly there is wisdom in peace.
By the end of the poem, I ask the reader to recognize how the startof every peace must first be found within. Only by finding and winning those unmarked places of oneself can a right balance bemade. Looking before you leap just gets you damaged more oftenthan not. Here is the kernel of upbeat hope to be found in thispiece. I believe I can find those rare places of my soul. I must. Istill look and, even now, encourage every reader to do the same. These are the things that must be done before time runs out.
This poem can be found at www.myspace.com/fenrirbound for June 1st
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment