Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Process of Poetry

June 4, 2009 The poem is Also, Never Forget. From the start of this piece, I hope to let my readers know that I loved a wonderful being who never did anything I could not forgive. She simply found that her love for me had dwindled. The theme in these last poems continues to be my memory and how it hinders or helps the progression of my life.

This is a veiled poem of subtle meaning. None of the items listed could I ever hope to truly forget. I might wish the image of bright eyes and skies and sunlight and the kind words I’m sure she once said to always stay with me. There must have been a sure magic in a relationship that lasted four years. I saw her yesterday and those feelings have already started to evaporate like steam I might try to embrace.

I toyed with each of the last two stanzas before the final part that speaks of my last days. I tried one and then I tried the other. They almost echo the same sentiment but were different enough and lyrical enough to command their own place in this piece.

I believe I have had my last dream of this time in my life. That was actually another title I thought about for this. I might have called it Ode to My Last Dream.

This is linked to Fredislaughing blog at www.MySpace.com/fenrirbound for June 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment